The Daily Adventures of Monkeygrrl18

Saturday, October 08, 2005

I'm lazy...

so I don't update as often as I should. Also, I've been at work late a few days this week and been working on homework the rest of the time. This week I have 3 papers due for my management class, one of which is a group paper (which would be fine if my group actually went online). Anyway...

Last weekend I went around Paris with my aunt. We walked around the Gobelins area. We were going to go to the factory near there where they make glassware but it is only open to the public during the week. Instead we just walked around the quartier. It was the weekend so there were a lot of people out. We did end up finding this really nice tea shop and my aunt bought a few different types of tea, some cakes, a cute little urn to store tea and something else (I forget). Fifty euros later we left and went on our way up the hill to the Pantheon.

The Pantheon was built as a church but after the Revolution the people decided that it would be a great place to bury famous people. So, it is a big, ornate tomb. I didn't think I had ever been inside of it before so we decided to go in. Of course they charge you to go in so I paid for the tickets and in we went. First off, what a rip-off. If you ever get to Paris, don't bother paying to go inside the Pantheon. It is much prettier from the outside. Inside there are lots of paintings on the walls (mostly of battles or people dying). Of course when I saw this statue I just laughed and thought, yep, this sums up the French mentality.



You can't see the inscription on the statue but it translated to "Live Free or Die". You should appreciate this picture...I got yelled at by the security guards for taking it!

Outside the Pantheon I had to take a picture of my beloved Tour Eiffel. I can't believe I've been here for over a month and I've only visited it once! Shocking isn't it, Mom and Dad?



So, after just walking around some more my aunt took me to an outdoor market and then we sat and had a cup of tea at a cafe before going back home. Unfortunately, most stores and stuff are closed on the weekends so we just walk around and see things.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger hiddenskyy said...

Heh, thanks for the snapshot of the pic Megs and the heads-up on the Pantheon. (That place sounded so snazzy too! -- if snazzy can be used to describe an ornate tomb...)

*smooch*

ps: hope you get to see your beloved tower in person again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home