The Daily Adventures of Monkeygrrl18

Friday, October 21, 2005

Chocolate!

Apparently, this weekend there is a big chocolate exhibition near Versailles. Of course I'm going to be there! I think my aunt and I are going tomorrow afternoon and then my uncle will meet us there when he finishes his shiatzu or yoga. I'm excited...can chocolate ever be bad? well...actually yes...when it's white chocolate but then that's not even *really* chocolate so it doesn't count.

My grandma is also coming up to Paris tomorrow. I'm not sure what she's going to do during the week because my aunt and uncle are at work until late every night. My aunt told me that I should take some days off and go places with her but my uncle just kind of ignored that statement. Hmmmm....

Although today at work I actually worked on a worthwhile project. I worked with one of the other girls to make a diagram presentation that will be used next week. It's not as cool as the powerpoint slides that I've made but it was nice. Excel is more than just boring spreadsheets...you can draw pictures! I also noticed while I was translating some French documents into English for a Dutch company that French grammar is very funny (yes, I knew that before but this confirmed it). In English teachers drill in to your heads only one idea per sentence. I was translating some sentences that had 3 different ideas! It was crazy. They would be such long, run-on sentences that I would forget what I was reading halfway through....bleh...oh well. All better and in pretty English. :) I think my uncle translated the documents before, and while he speaks very good English he really likes the word "pedagogical" so it was all over the place! I dunno about you guys, but I had to look it up when I was trying to figure out what he was saying. Yeah...thesaurus used a lot on that word.

I was telling my dad earlier that I saw a color blind woman. She had on a bright red skirt with a bright green sweater. She kinda looked like an elf. :) I guess the middle of October is close enough to Christmas, right?

I tried to take a picture of my newest bug bite today but no go. Half of my forearm is swollen and red. I don't know what the hell kind of bugs they have out here but right now I feel like Colin. Sorry Colin.

Then, when I got home from work today the evil cat from hell got her-stupid-self stuck on the bookshelf in the laundry room. She wouldn't jump down and every time I tried to pick her up to get her down she would try to bite or scratch me. I said hell with it and was going to leave her up there until someone else came home. Then the brightest cat in the world decided that she would jump out of the open window and walk on the roof. Idiot cat. I really do hate that cat. The other day she jumped on my math book while I was reading so I picked her up and put her back on the ground. Then I put my arm out to pet her like I was doing before and the bitch jumps up and latches on to my arm with her claws and teeth. After I jumped up to get her off she took off. I ran that stupid cat down the hall because I was so mad at her. She knows it now because I pretty much ignore her and won't get near her. Stupid, evil cat. And she picks at her fleas in my room. It is the most disgusting thing. She picks (you can actually hear her chewing things) and then proceeds to lick herself. That is just disgusting. Colin, when you come stay away from the evil cat.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger hiddenskyy said...

Ohh, chocolate? Yum. Heh, I'd so be there. ;-)

Sorry about the bug bite and the evil cat though. Those things = no fun.

And dang, translating sounds mighty difficult! Esp, to get that professional tone done. Shoot, I'd be intimdated. ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home