The Daily Adventures of Monkeygrrl18

Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas

Christmas was very good this year. As I was gone I didn't have any hand in picking out my presents. I also had no idea what I wanted so my mom was on her own. She did really well, though...she even says I'm easy to shop for!

I got the movie "Se7en". Mmmmm...Kevin Spacey. I also got "Fraggle Rock"! Just buy me some movies and I'm happy (as long as they are not like "In the Bedroom" or "Blackhawk down" we're golden). I also received some money and sweaters.

For my family I brought back lots of presents from the different places I visited. My dad was especially happy for the Norman hard cider that I brought him. Our family is from Normandy and they are especially well known for their hard cider and calvados. I tried to bring back some Jeanne family calva for him but I didn't see my great uncle again before I left. This would have been some pretty potent stuff because it has been sitting in a barrel, fermenting for at least the last 20 years. One of the presents I got my brother was a framed photo of us on the gondola ride. I thought it was very nice. As of right now it is sitting on a pile in his room. I want to punch him sometimes.

Santa brought me a really great present. I have a digital camera but it is really big, drains the battery like no other, and takes a really long time to boot up, so I borrowed my parents' camera when I went to Europe. My mom had asked if I wanted a new camera and I had said I didn't need one because I had one already. However, Santa had a different idea and brought me a really nice Kodak camera. I haven't used it yet but it looks really nice. 6.1MP, docking station, 4X zoom. I even got an accessory kit with a tripod, a case and a extra battery. Very cool!

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger hiddenskyy said...

Woohoo presents! And hehe, how much of the Jeanne family cider did you drink Megs? :-P JK.

Man, I hate school...bahh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home